Monday, February 9, 2009

I Love the 90's Part 9

I wanna start by talking about the best thing ever from the 90s. My family got my dog Buster in the summer of 1996 and he was the best friend I ever had. One year ago to the day we had to put him down because he got sick and he went into liver failure and it was one of the hardest/worst days of my life, but all the fun memories and pictures make it a little better. I miss you pal. I know it sounds funny if you arent a dog lover or even if you are, but he is one of the most inspirational things in my life. He was real sick soon before we put him down and the vets found that he had a tumor in his belly. He went into surgery and had it taken out...the tumor weighed 8 pounds! Buster got home from surgery and the next day was walking around just doing his normal business like nothing had happened. I am certain no person has ever had a tumor taken out of their bodies and went to work the next day like they had gotten a cavity filled or something routine the day before. It was kind of an amusing sight, but it opened my eyes to how strong it is possible to be in any situation. So heres to Buster, I miss the shit out of you!

And since Buster always made me happy, heres some amazing news about this year that really make me happy...

The things that I loved about the 90s that inspired me to play drums, listen to every band I could and spend every dollar I earned on music or concerts are all making huge moves this year.

1. Green Day is putting out their new album "21st Century Breakdown" in May and following it up with a world tour.

2. Blink-182 is releasing an album and touring this summer.

(I get the feeling they may tour together)

and 3. No Doubt is touring again this summer.

No Doubt was the first real rock concert I ever saw, Weezer opened for them and it was right as Pinkerton was coming out and Tragic Kingdom was at its height of fame...amazing amazing times.

Green Day was my second real rock concert and it took place at what would ultimately become my favorite place on this planet to see a concert.

Special times, special bands...this is going to be a special year.

P.S. I am 1110% aware of the corniness of this post, but its a meaningful one to me so im gonna shine it on with a smile.

P.P.S. I am also 1110% aware of how corny that P.S. was.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment