Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My cousin already posted about this but....

Im from Jersey too and the E Street produced another album which came out today....its incredible. It really is a throwback to the "Born To Run" album when Bruce wasnt afraid to just add tons and tons of layers to each song in hopes of bringing out the best of every part and I think it really worked. Of course Rolling Stone gave it a perfect 5 star review, but I really think this is one of the best albums i've heard from Bruce in a long time. I was expecting b-sides from Magic and got an album I feel is much more accomplished as a songwriter and a rock record than Magic was. Outlaw Pete opens the album and clocks in around 7 minutes and its an arena rocker and a narrative along the lines of "The Ballad of Billy the Kid" that Mr. William Joel wrote years and years ago. Both songs capture you in a western tale and dont let up musically or lyrically. Good shit.

So working really does make it hard to find time to type other shit after you are home because I feel like I have been doing nothing but typing for the past 6 days...and Im ok with it...im not packing out groceries as much so I'll take it.

I ate Strawberry Cheese Danish Pop Tarts today expecing greatness and they just taste like regualar strawberry pop tarts...total let down.

TV Update: New Scrubs and Nip/Tuck tonight...score.

P.S. E Street tour dates came out today and hes playing the IZOD Center soon so score...too bad that arena sucks my balls.

Im gonna learn more guitar songs via internet+guitar playing now.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment