Monday, April 13, 2009

Bronx Bomber

Been super busy the past few weeks. A quick rundown of what I did includes working, running a meeting that Gov. Corzine spoke at, enjoying the shit out of baseball season, working, learning guitar, and recording drums with my band...I really cant complain.

Ive been doing more music playing than listening lately, but I am particularly excited for the Silversun Pickups album which comes out tomorrow. Carnavas was great and I am really excited to see how theyve grown since and what kind of album they will make coming off the success of the album and more specifically "Lazy Eye". Eventhough it technically wont be their second album, I am hoping they are a band that can avoid the sophmore slump.

The one album I have picked up over the past few weeks was the new Thermals album "Now We Can See" and it is amazing. It was nice to hear their great raw sound to beatle-esque love songs as opposed to their last album which was great, but was stuck in political mode. It was great to hear they can blast out great pop music with pop music themes too.

Keep an eye out for warm sunny days and enjoy them!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment